- About Us
- Food Collection and Distribution
- Oriole Food Space
- Bathurst-Finch Community Food Bank
- Lawrence Heights Community Food Bank
- Education & Youth Engagement
- Community Gardens
- Food-Friendly Neighbourhoods
- Farm Trips
- Agency Network
- Get Involved
- Donate Food
- Donate Money
- Donate Time
- Tribute Cards & Wedding Certificates
- Start a Virtual Food Drive
- Past Events
- Find A Food Program
Our gleaning program offers free, pick-your-own trips to local farms for communities that access our food programs.
The visits typically happen in the summer and early fall, near the end of a crop's harvest. Instead of ploughing unharvested fruit or vegetables, farmers make their fields available, free of charge, to participants. Commonly gleaned crops include strawberries, raspberries, peas, beans, corn and apples.
The farms in our gleaning program also provide weekly donations of fresh produce that we distribute to our agency network. Thousands of pounds of produce were donated during the growing season and distributed through our network.