|Investing In Neighbourhoods – Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for job opportunities through the Investing in Neighbourhoods Program, interested candidates must be OW participants living in Toronto. Investing in Neighbourhoods job opportunities are in not for profit community organizations and enable OW participants to: increase their skill level, develop contacts with employers, and obtain references with the goal of securing permanent employment.
Adminstrative Coordinator $17.30/hour 22 hours/week (part-time)
- The Administrative Coordinator creates and maintains a well-run office environment that is supportive of other staff, and acts as an important ambassador with the public and stakeholders
- The incumbent also supports the management team in proposing and implementing new processes and procedures
- Office coordination: Making sure the office is well-maintained, organized and coordinated; Processing incoming mail, managing internal organizational communication; maintaining / trouble shooting office equipment; maintaining and ordering office supplies within budget; developing manuals, policies and protocols related to agency administration; recommend improvements to efficiency and operation of office processes
- Customer Service: Manages front line customer service, ensures calls and walk ins are handled respectfully and with clear and accurate information; Acts as a resource to the community with food bank referrals, supports client inquiries by phone and email
- Staff Support: Provides efficient and effective administrative and other support to colleagues, including: assisting staff from all departments with various administrative tasks and projects; working with Accountant to ensure cheque run is processed, signed and disbursed, including filing; Providing orientation to new staff and supporting orientation of new volunteers, as needed
- Organizational Image: Protects and furthers the organizations image by contributing to the delivery of customer-focused service, fairly and accurately representing the organizational messages and the mission, vision and values statements of agency to external stakeholders
- Team work: Contributes to a supportive and inclusive team that works together efficiently, effectively and respectfully. Includes supporting and collaborating with all staff and volunteers; Actively contributing to a well-functioning administration dept.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Preferably post-secondary education, or related experience
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel and internet
- Pleasant manner in dealing with people; excellent telephone skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in providing information and referral services with strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple and competing priorities
- Proven time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up; willingness to pitch in
- Familiarity with office equipment
- Knowledge of food security and poverty issues an asset
- Familiarity with northern Toronto area an asset
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team, across departments, and with volunteers
- Sensitivity to the private nature of some information
- Able to work flexible hours and some evenings and weekends
- Secondary language skills an asset
How to Apply:
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in applying to this position, CLICK HERE to upload your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your interest; however only those Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
**For further assistance, visit your local Toronto Employment & Social Services Employment Centre**