Thank you for your interest in joining the North York Harvest Team!
Our current opportunities are listed here.
Network Success Coordinator, FoodReach
We’re looking for someone with outstanding sales, customer service, and relationship management skills to join the FoodReach team, a social enterprise of North York Harvest Food Bank. Learn more >>
North York Harvest Food Bank (NYHFB) is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking/equity-deserving groups. We recognize that lived experience is as valuable as formal education and as such encourage members of the NYHFB community to apply (employees, volunteers, community partners, and/or clients). We strive for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and in which we live.
NYHFB has an accommodation process in place. Applicants requiring accommodation because of a disability or medical need are asked to make their needs know in advance. Information received related to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
We welcome all applicants, however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
North York Harvest Food Bank is a Decent Work Employer.
As we commit to the Ontario Non-Profit Network (ONN) Decent Work Charter and join the Better Way Alliance Ethical Employers Network, NYHFB aims to support inclusive, healthy and equitable communities. The provision of decent work is central to creating the economic and social foundations that underpin individual and community well-being.
Inadequate and exploitative working conditions are key drivers of food insecurity and poverty. At NYHFB, our focused advocacy includes using our platform to champion decent work practices while also committing to the ongoing work of restructuring our own workplace policies. As such, we are committed to modelling a healthy workplace with decent work practices, reflected in a number of policies including:
- 10 paid sick days and 2 balance days per year
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- A transparent pay grid which is reviewed annually by the Board of Directors and presented to all staff members
- A robust benefits plan that includes healthcare and dental coverage, life insurance, insurance for accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability
- Increased benefits coverage for mental health supports including psychotherapy
- Updated Employee and Family Assistance Plan to better meet the needs of our workers
- Development discussions with all staff members to provide continuing training and development opportunities
- Standardized our approach to employee recruitment, hiring and selection in consultation with community members in order to reduce bias in our employment practices and to increase diversity throughout the organization
- Joined the OPTrust Select defined benefits pension plan, which will provide many of our employees increased income security throughout their retirement;
- Importantly, we also adopted policies that provide premium pay levels for contractual employees who experience additional precariousness and who do not qualify for certain benefits.
We believe that we would have fewer people requiring emergency food assistance if all employers adopted similar policies and procedures. We are committed to championing decent work conditions and practices in our society, local communities and within our organization.