Comments Off on COVID-19 Temporary Measures
With the growing concerns over COVID-19, North York Harvest would like to provide you with an update on our response to date.
The safety and well-being of everyone in our community, as well as our volunteers and staff, is our top priority and we are monitoring the situation closely and following the direction of Toronto Public Health, Health Canada, and the World Health Organization. With that said, we are continuing to support our community with emergency food assistance.
To ensure a safe environment for everyone, we are taking the following temporary measures:
- Increased our on-site hygiene to provide hand-washing stations and encourage staff and visitors to wash their hands frequently.
- Suspended volunteer operations from our premises (including our three food spaces: Oriole Food Space, Bathurst-Finch Community Food Space, Lawrence Heights Community Food Space) and are now deploying paid staff for all critical functions.
- Ensure that staff who have travelled will self-isolate themselves for the recommended 14 days.
- Encourage our staff to work at home if needed.
We need your help during this crucial time!
- With the closure of community centres, schools, and places of worship, we are losing our network and ability to distribute food.
- Vulnerable families can’t afford to stock up during this time. With your help we can ensure they won’t go hungry.
- Children and families are impacted by school closures and hourly workers are temporarily without work. Your support can give them the meals they would normally have access to.
- Many of our fundraising endeavours have been postponed. Donations can help keep our shelves stocked for individuals who need food during this time.
Thank you so much for your support.
North York Harvest Food Bank
Comments are closed