- About Us
- Food Collection and Distribution
- Oriole Food Space
- Bathurst-Finch Community Food Bank
- Lawrence Heights Community Food Bank
- Education & Youth Engagement
- Community Gardens
- Food-Friendly Neighbourhoods
- Farm Trips
- Agency Network
- Get Involved
- Donate Food
- Donate Money
- Donate Time
- Tribute Cards & Wedding Certificates
- Start a Virtual Food Drive
- Past Events
- Find A Food Program
Food donations are a vital way in which you can support hungry people in northern Toronto. North York Harvest accepts non-perishable donations at over 20 year-round drop-off locations and we accept fresh (unprepared) food donations at our main office and warehouse location. During major drives, non-perishable food donations can also be dropped off at local firehalls.
Food and Fund Drives
Looking to run a food or fund drive? Each year, individuals and groups organize creative drives within their offices, schools and communities. We can support your food or fundraising efforts by providing organizing ideas and offering free promotional materials and donation bins.
- Register your event with us
- Download a food drive kit, including printable poster
- Get your food to us by dropping it off at any of our year-round drop-off locations or, for larger drives (200 lbs or more), request a pick-up from one of our trucks.
Contact our Development Associate for Food & Fund Appeals, tanya [at] northyorkharvest [dot] com (Tanya Thomas), at 416-635-7771 ext. 59 to get started.
Food Industry Donations
About half of our food supply is sourced through large-scale and small-scale donations from the consumer products industry. We can accept a range of products that are surplus, close to code, mislabeled, or cosmetically damaged including refrigerated and frozen product. All donors are protected by the Ontario Donation of Food Act, 1994 which absolves those who donate in good faith from liability. If your company has food to donate, contact fred [at] northyorkharvest [dot] com (Fred Levin), at 416-635-7771 ext. 30.