- About Us
- Food Collection and Distribution
- Oriole Food Space
- Bathurst-Finch Community Food Bank
- Lawrence Heights Community Food Bank
- Education & Youth Engagement
- Community Gardens
- Food-Friendly Neighbourhoods
- Farm Trips
- Agency Network
- Get Involved
- Donate Food
- Donate Money
- Donate Time
- Tribute Cards & Wedding Certificates
- Start a Virtual Food Drive
- Past Events
- Find A Food Program
Volunteers play a vital role in all facets of our operations. Without the dedication of our volunteers, we would not be able to support community members in northern Toronto.
We frequently need volunteers to fill the following roles:
- Food Hamper Assistants: Our food hamper assistants support the direct service food assistance program for Lawrence Heights and surrounding neighbourhoods. Based out of our main office location, assistants help to make the hamper room a welcoming space and put together food packages meet each household's needs.
- Administration: Many of the friendly voices you hear answering our phones are North York Harvest volunteers. You can help by performing general reception duties, greeting the public, entering office data and filing.
- Food Sorters: Sorting is an important part of inventory and quality control at North York Harvest, yet it is fun and accessible for a wide range of ages and skills. Our volunteers sort over 3,000 lbs. of food each day!
- Drivers & Driver's Assistants: A driver and a pair of driver's assistants travel on the truck to help with agency deliveries and food drive pick-ups. We also look for volunteers with cars to pick-up small scale donations. Develop public relations skills while strengthening your upper arms (some moderately heavy lifting required).
- Special Events: Lend us a hand at our special events by recruiting in-kind donations, sending invitations, selling tickets, setting up and taking down displays, taking photographs, etc.
If you would like more information about any of these opportunities or if you have other specialized skills that you would like to share, please contact Lisa Anderson, Manager of Volunteer Services at 416-635-7771 ext. 29 or by email at lisa [at] northyorkharvest [dot] com
To read what our volunteers have to say, please click here