We LOVE food!
Making sure that everyone in our city has access to healthy food is what keeps us going!
Do you know any weird food facts that you like to share with friends when cooking, enjoying a meal together or just chatting? Most of us have a few of them up our sleeves.
Wow your friends with these 25 interesting food facts.
If you know some that we don’t – let us know in the comments!
- You can stop tearing up when cutting onions by biting a wooden spoon
- The Snickers bar was named after the inventor’s favourite horse
- Sugar is the only taste that humans are born craving
- Got hiccups? Try swallowing some sugar
- The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia
- Ketchup was considered to be a medicine around 1835
- Cucumbers are 96% water
- Strawberries aren’t berries, but bananas are
- Almonds are a member of the peach family
- Rice is the most commonly eaten food in the world
- One in every thirteen Canadians have a serious food allergy
- Durian is a fruit that smells so bad that it is banned in several public places in the world
- The largest pizza in the world measured 13,580.28 feet!
- One Acerola Cherry contains 140% of your daily Vitamin C intake
- Onions have been a part of the human diet for more than 7,000 years
- Food Inc. is the most popular food documentary
- Don’t like cilantro? It might be your genes making it taste like soap
- Only humans like spicy food
- Brussels sprouts are the most hated food in the U.S.A
- There are 7500 varieties of apple in the world
- A bunch of bananas is called a hand and an individual banana is known as a finger
- The name pound cake comes from the original recipe which called for a pound of butter, sugar and eggs (EACH!)
- The hawaiian pizza was first served in Chatham, ON
- It is incredibly rare to find ketchup chips outside of Canada
- Canada produces 71% of the world’s pure maple syrup
What are YOUR favourite food facts? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter!
Chatar Patar April 14, 2017 at 8:50 am
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon
Navnit Verma May 10, 2017 at 6:24 am
Interesting article about food facts.This is exactly the kind of article I was looking for. Great stuff.
Keep it up.
Smith Watson May 20, 2017 at 7:22 am
Awesome post you share here about food facts.very valuable information you are providing here.
Keep updating new post like this.
connectfranchise June 28, 2017 at 10:35 am
I like it when individuals come together and share thoughts. Great blog, continue the good work!
Fast Foods franchise
humidify August 10, 2017 at 3:17 pm
I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!
Jack Wilson August 30, 2017 at 8:47 am
Wowwww.. I like it. I’m foody and you share here very valuable post about food facts.I will follow which you provide us.Many people will get benefitted from it.share more articles on this topic. Thanks.