We Are Hiring!Comments Off on We Are Hiring!
Looking to join the North York Harvest Food Bank family? We’re looking for a team player to work in our warehouse!
To the Director of Operations
20 – 28 hours/week; for 1 year.
The Warehouse Staff Members support the North York Harvests Food Bank’s (NYHFB) operations team by working with colleagues to ensure product is moved on and off trucks, and throughout the warehouse, by assembling agency orders, by driving the forklift, if certified, by recording “Incoming” and “Outgoing” weights as required, and by acting as driver (if licensed), driver assistant, and/or food sorter when required.
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Making up agency orders based on established guidelines; wrapping and labelling products
- Manual physical lifting of food, household goods and packaged boxes
- Assist with delivery and pickups as needed, including driving if qualified
- Weigh and record incoming and outgoing food; participate in inventory control
- Work with all members of the Operations Team in maintaining accurate and up-to-date files and records; some data entry as needed
- Collaborate with warehouse team and the rest of the NYH team
- Maintain and clean warehouse regularly
- Focus on and execute safe work practices to achieve a safe work environment
- Participate in food sorting in accordance with food safety guidelines, as needed
- Assist with special events as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Interest in working in a busy warehouse; previous experience an asset
- Desire to work in an environment dealing with hunger, food security and/or poverty and servicing low-income, diverse and multicultural clients an asset
- Some experience using warehouse equipment preferred (training provided)
- Forklift certification and/or Driver’s License are an asset
- Basic English comprehension, verbally and in reading
- Organized and punctual; works well in a fast paced environment
- Hardworking and reliable team player
- Willingness to pitch in
- Basic computer skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, an asset
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Candidates must be in receipt of Ontario Works (OW)
Preference will be given to candidates residing in North Toronto neighbourhoods. Salary range is from $12.07 to $14.15/hour depending on experience.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or fax (416) 635-5599.